Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm a Gay Hip - Hop Star!

On a good news front, I'm featured in an article about gay hip hop on www.afterelton.com. You can check out the full article here. In it Robert Urban says:

From Baltimore comes funk-pop sensation Saturn. Like the musical love-child of a Prince/James Brown/Janet Jackson 3-way, Saturn combines soulful, gospel-influenced singing with his own brand of sexy (if not downright licentious), whispered-in-your-ear seductive rap come-ons. To experience this handsome rising star croon, rap, dance, vogue, charm and effervesce his way through a live concert is to witness perhaps the hardest-working gay man in show biz. In addition to a voice this guy has some serious original moves.

Saturn's debut album, The Virgin Poet, received enthusiastic praise for its socially conscious and emotionally raw content. Check out this rap from the track “Angels in Flight”:
Walking the world with my rose colored glasses / Making a note of everything that passes / When all around me is destruction and sadness / Pushing us all 2 the edge of madness / I open my ears, I hear “nigger” and “faggot” / Shit, it's time 2 pull the trigger, I've had it / Open your eyes, punk, that's right I dropped u / What u gonna do now that a black mo' Got u? / Why don't u try these? My rose colored glasses / And maybe you'll see me in a different fashion

Saturn now turns up the heat with his new CD Deviant. This ultra-homoerotic album contains some of the most unashamedly promiscuous gay lyrics this listener has ever heard. From the title song, also called “Deviant”:
It's hard. Do U want it inside of U 2 groove until u feel the cosmos move? / U lookin' like I lost my mind. Well, I can see through your thin disguise. / I can feel your body calling me. Fuck the world, once you're inside my rings / I'm gonna make u shake and, baby, make u scream. / Have U open, boy, on your knees!

Pretty cool! Afterelton.com is a great new site 4 gay entertainment, too. Definitely have 2 link that one.

"Boy 2 Boy ... I could get addicted!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home